Sunday, September 20, 2009

Guilty Pleasures


Ok, much as I hate to admit, I am a huge fan of vampire novels, movies, and TV shows. Every time something new comes out, I get a little thrill and can't wait to experience it. This is hard to reconcile with the side of me that loves classical literature and is tickled at the prospect of attending the yearly Jane Austen tea in Boise with my book club. Regardless of the contrast, I love both elements and have decided to stop being embarrassed by the "darker" side. That being said... I have to say that I am a huge fan of True Blood. I read the books first and while I liked them, I can't say that they gripped me. The series, however, has me hooked. If you enjoy the vampire/occult genre and don't mind a little gore and some gratuitous sex, I recommend this show. :)

2 comments:

Rece said...

Dude Shelli! Those images freak me out! What's so freaky about the Stepford Wifes? Does that movie remind you too much of NNU beliefs?

Rece said...

I have to be a vampire for Halloween this year. Help me with my costume. Ah! And it has to be somewhat "work appropriate." It's for wear at the Duck football game!