Sunday, November 29, 2009

29... Where Has The Time Gone?





























I celebrated my 29th birthday on Saturday and I was struck by the fact that my life is incredibly different then I imagined it would be when I was planning my future as a little girl. I never saw myself as a wife or a mother, never pictured me having my own classroom, and I sure didn't picture myself living in Nampa, Idaho. Having said that, I also could not have imagined so many wonderful things in my life. I have a husband who is also my best friend, a son who is both artistic and independent, and my life is filled with wonderful friends and family. Every experience that has marked my life thus far has helped me to become who I am today and because I like the person I have become, I refuse to regret any of it. The balance between the happy and the sad and the accomplishments and the mistakes are a combination that allows growth in people. :)


Wow... I didn't intend to get so deep, but rather had planned on dishing about my day. We refused to do housework on my birthday and sat in the living room relaxing and watching the game until we headed to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner and then to see Blind Side (which is amazing). It was an awesome birthday spent with my boys and a perfect closing to a fabulous weekend. My birthday present to myself was finishing organizing my classroom filing cabinets. :)




2 comments:

Meet the Bucher's said...

Sounds like a great day! The cheesecake looks really yummy too! Maybe we should meet there instead of for coffee for next time for a little dessert!

Shelli Bunn-Petterson said...

That sounds like a great plan. :) How are your boys? Did you guys go up to McCall for Thanksgiving?