Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sweat

I ran 12 miles (and by run I mean walk two minutes then run two minutes for interval training) by myself tonight and got sweat in my fresh from lasik eyes... not fun. The sweat actually formed a crust across my eyelashes, making it difficult to open and/or close them. Since I am not supposed to allow water to beat down directly on my eyes, I had to "shower" my eyes individually with saline solution in the hopes of rinsing off the salty crust. This whole "don't rub your eyes for six months" rule is ridiculous. Really, think about how many times in a day you rub your eyes.

Other than that complaint, life is good:
*I go to a concurrent credit conference at NNU tomorrow and then plan to "sort" Spencer's toys, taking some to GoodWill, while he is staying at his cousins.
*I am excited about my running, although I face the coming of Saturday and our long group run with dread.
*School is going to be starting soon and I am beginning to panic as I look at my summer to-do-list and realize that the majority of items have yet to be crossed off.
Oh well. I will bake some pies with Spencer this weekend, have my fundraising night in Boise next week, and get as far as I can on the house every day. Time sure does fly when your having fun.

No comments: