Monday, August 10, 2009

Pack Rat

Our family (the Bunns) are known for keeping things around "just in case" we ever might need them. Strangely enough, this often results in a phenomena known as clutter. Steen and I, after a pleasant laid back discussion, decided to downsize. Below is a list of some of the stuff we are getting rid of after the first round (at least seven rounds still remain):

8 hobo spiders were killed during this activity (one of which was a giant hobo)
7 boxes of cloths to Idaho Youth Ranch
1 box of cloths to Plato's Closet (consignment store, the money goes to the Leukemia Lymphoma Society)
2 boxes of books to Idaho Youth Ranch
2 boxes of art supplies & books to NHS
1 box of broken items to the trash (recyclable items were pulled out first)
1 box of toys to Idaho Youth Ranch

Hopefully, this makes it a little bit easier for round two (tackling the office... duh duh duh).
I boxed up two totes of stuff that I couldn't bring my self to get rid of. I will look through it again in a few months to see if I can get rid of a little bit more of it, but in the words of Bob (What About Bob, Bill Murray), I am taking baby steps. :)

3 comments:

Jim said...

I actually read a book about downsizing last year. It really helped out with some of my stuff, especially clothes.

I'm proud of you for trying. It's amazing how much stuff we collect. All it takes is one move to be inspired to downsize more. :)

Rece said...

Good job, Shell! I got rid of a bunch of videos and CDs a while ago. Then, I purchased the soundtracks to 500 Days of Summer and Away We Go. And I bought the cute doornob key hanger that is just so cute...

It's a vicious cycle. If I decide to live abroad again, what shall I do? I suppose I could just hope some cute Eugenian guy will sweep me off my feet and teach me to get rid of all my junk!

Meet the Bucher's said...

I may have taken on one or two of those genes. Just don't look in any closets or my utility room:-) Good job on downsizing, I could take a lesson!