Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Family Time


I have a confession... we never sit down at the table to eat dinner as a family. Steen and I were talking about things that we can do to make our home better and that was the one thing we decided we were slacking on.

Now, we are eating dinner at the table and trying to instill in Spencer good communication skills while we work on his table etiquette. It has actually been a lot of fun. We saw the first payoff yesterday when we were at Carrie's house for dinner. He asked, "May I please be excused from the table?" before getting up and he also helped clear the table. I was proud. :)

(Picture shows our first family dinner this summer: tropical grilled salmon and tilapia, green salad, & corn).

3 comments:

Rece said...

That's awesome! Things went downhill for me when my PC friends told me that I didn't know how to use a knife properly. Either I was cutting in an unladylike fashion or I just didn't know how to cut meat since I'm not a huge fan. Hmm.

Jim said...

Yum!!

Shelli Bunn-Petterson said...

Fork, smork, use a spork.