Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Scary

Ok. I was browsing online tonight and I came across a scary website. Recently, my husband and I got into some pretty strong debates with some friends and family over equity and gender. I am frightened when I see such a strong resistance to the evolving roles of gender in society. We have to be a dynamic species to survive, our society must evolve to remain strong and to meet the changing world we live in. I would hope that the changes can be met with integrity, graciousness, and tolerance... not with the blind hatred and obvious fear spewed in this website

My heart hurts when I think about the need for some individuals to attack with hatred and anger instead of listening, even if there is no agreement, with respect and compassion. We are all part of the same species, we each have our own strengths and weaknesses, and it is only when we allow ourselves to love that we are able to see the best that humanity has to offer. This is just my vent... the ramblings of a sleepy "silly woman" hoping that people will work towards empowerment instead of oppression. I am woman, hear me roar. Grrr hisss, how do you like my rebellion?

No comments: