Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Reason I Run

There are days that I just don't want to do my training. I have chaffing marks in strange places, blisters all over my feet, and my muscles ache. I have invested over $300 dollars out of my own pocket for this endeavor. When I am feeling glum, lazy, or just plain old unmotivated, I watch these video clips and try to remember that what I am doing is important.




Recently, I found out that both Steen and Spencer have a genetic predisposition for the developement of Leukemia. Both Steen's maternal grandfather and uncle died of Leukemia. That was a frightening revelation and is something that we made note of in their medical files. Hopefully, that is not something we have to face, but the possibility of it makes me incredibly glad that I am participating in such a wonderful program.

No comments: