Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tom Luna

I try not to get too political on this blog because, let's face it, politics is a dirty ugly business, however I have to pipe in about this whole Luna fiasco. It hurts. As an educator, I find it devastating that my elected officials seem to have no respect or appreciation for the dedication, sacrifice, and impact my profession has. As a parent, I am flat out angry that the voices of the public seem to mean nothing and instead, they continue on with whatever the agenda is... FYI, it is not what is best for kids or for our society. As a citizen, I am horrified that when things need reworked, slashing the education of our youth and the services for our society are the "fixes" that the politicians come up with. I don't understand the mentality behind this push and I am scared of what it means on so many levels.

The Idaho Education Association will be holding candlelight vigils tonight. Please join us if you can. Let's remind those politicians that they are supposed to be elected officials representing the people and ensuring that no person or group is oppressing and/or controlling the populace. Hello... go back and look at our history and ask yourself why we are sliding backwards.

No comments: