Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Moments

Today is my last day with Jayden before I have to go back to work. I'm on the verge of tears as I think about someone else getting to share her cooing silliness in the early afternoons or getting to feed her before her afternoon nap. I love being at home with her and I would love to be a stay-at-home mom, at least for the first few years. Yikes. I never thought I would say that but it's the truth. There are just so many wonderful things that I will miss when I go back. At least I'll still get to be the one to walk in and get her out of her crib. She cries her pathetic "why doesn't anyone love me and hold me and why am I alone" cry in the morning and then I walk into her room, she sees me and the grin breaks across her face. She adores her mommy and the feeling is entirely mutual. I love this little bundle of baby goodness and am going to miss her for those hours I am at work.

So all you working moms out there, please share, what was the hardest part of going back to work and how did you cope? Also, does anyone have any great advice for pumping at work? Take care and have a happy Monday.

No comments: