Thursday, February 10, 2011

Siblings & Change

I loved growing up with two brothers and two sisters. Although there was a six year span between the oldest and I, we were still super close. Steen wasn't really close to his siblings. The age gaps are much larger and that worries me when I look at the nine year age gap between Spence and Jayden. It is my fondest wish that they will become lifelong friends that can love and support each other through all of the trials that they will face. Family is so important to me and I want them to share that strong connection, hopefully they will.

We have some changes coming up for our family. My maternity leave ends next week and I will have to wave farewell to Jayden at the daycare each morning and rejoin the ranks of working mothers. Ugh. I have never wanted to be independently wealthy as much as I do right now. Oh well. We do what we can and make the best of our situation in life. :) I love teaching and I am sure that once I get back in the swing of things I will enjoy it, though I'll probably still christen many mornings with tears as I give my baby into the care of someone else.

Here are some updated photos of the kiddos (mostly Jayden 'cause she's changing a lot faster than Spence right now) for friends and family. We love and miss you all.

Spence is so excited to have cool Valentine's cards for his classmates.

Jayden is most often found in her Bumpo or the Moby Wrap, helping mommy.

She hates tummy time.

Such a happy girl.

Seriously, don't you just adore her smile?

Spence eats a full meal when he gets home, but we call it an after-school snack.
Yikes, what am I going to do when he's 16?

Steen enjoys the limited time he has to cuddle his little girl.

I just love her color combo, pink and green.

Again... it's totally the outfit.

At the Cracker Barrel, seeing off Shane & Jim.

Sorry, but she just looks crazy, doesn't she?

Shane and Jim came to visit at the beginning of the month and it was an awesome and relaxing time.

Jayden has started reaching for things and she especially love pinching skin. Ouch! Her little fingers are strong.

Cutie Patootie!

Look at her gorgeous eyes.

She just looks like a little doll.

Wahhhh!
Translation: don't leave me by myself, adore me, play with me, sing to me.

Tammy gave us one of her Johnny Jump Ups and Jayden adores it.


I love the way she has her legs positioned.

I couldn't figure out how to rotate the photo, but I love this outfit. She crashed after we got home from Mindy's baby shower.



She and Spence love story time. We are reading "The Magicians Nephew", by C.S. Lewis. Spencer wants to reread the first Harry Potter book when we finish and then work our way through the series. It is a fun time. We all snuggle up in Spencer's bed and then I read, Spencer grabs the book to make sure I'm reading it correctly before giving it back, and Jayden coos her own story, trying to be louder than I am. Yep. A pure moment of motherhood bliss. :)

2 comments:

Rece said...

I love the pix Shell! I saw the cherry outfit I got her last summer. YEA!!!!

And the WAHH!!! Comment... she sounds a BIT like her mother, doesn't she?

Love ya sis!

Rece

Shelli Bunn-Petterson said...

She does like to get attention, although normally she is a contented little sweetheart... as long as the attention is there. I miss you.