Saturday, December 4, 2010

Turkey Day

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on all of the blessing in our lives and to appreciate the people that we love. This year we had so much to be thankful for. In memory of all the wonderful top ten lists from the NNU days, enjoy.

TOP TEN REASONS TO BE THANKFUL:
1. Jayden was born healthy
2. Spencer is finding success at school this year
3. Steen has a great job working for IDJC
4. Amazingly supportive and loving family & friends
5. I have the world's greatest mom (seriously, she is amazing)
6. Fulfilling jobs (I love teaching and Steen loves working with kids)
7. Maternity leave :)
8. Dr. Auntie Fay in my corner
9. Fast recovery time
10. A beautiful and comfortable home to snuggle up in during this cold front


Below are the pictures of our Thanksgiving dinner. My dad was my chef and made the Martha Stewart white wine & butter basted turkey (it was 22lbs.). Friday he made turkey noodle soup and mashed potatoes, Saturday my mom made turkey enchiladas, and I made sweet potato turkey stew for the next week (shown in the saucepan). Yeah for leftovers. I hope all of you had an amazing Thanksgiving and that you are enjoying time with your family and friends as Christmas approaches.






No comments: