Friday, December 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Spencer!

On December 15th, my little boy turned 9. Yikes. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. It doesn't seem that long ago that he was the adorable little toddler with blond curls, a diaper, and a cowboy hat & boots strutting around the apartment on Colorado. He has been the greatest blessing to Steen and I and I know he will be a brilliant big brother to Jayden. :)

He enjoyed a three part celebration for his birthday this year. The first celebration was for friends and family at Pizza Hut on Saturday the 11th. He had a blast and it was a fun time for everyone in attendance with visiting and lots of laughter. The second celebration was on his actual birthday. We got up early for some peanut butter Captain Crunch (his birthday cereal choice for the last 5 years) and opened presents before school so that Steen could see it. Spencer chose to have hamburgers for dinner and lemon frosted strawberry cake. It was a fun evening which we capped off by watching Ben 10. The third celebration was today at school. I made cupcakes (rainbow chip cake and rainbow chip frosting) this morning and Steen dropped it off at school. Spencer said it was super fun and his teacher gave him a book for his birthday. I was glad that we were able to celebrate his birth in a way that showed him how special he is.

Spencer, Chris (and his little brother next to him), and Brian

Spence picked out a peanut butter cup ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.

An unfortunate reality when a nine year old boy blows out candles:
"spit happens"

The Cramer Family

Brady was charmed by Jayden

Piper was showing off her gorilla

The Kiddos

Asher & Tammy

We got Spence the NFL robot done up in BSU gear

Grammy & Gramdad got him a Mickey Mouse watch that, I am sad to say,
made him look less like a little boy and more like a young man. Gasp... sniffle.
My baby is all grown up.

The cake was too hot when I frosted it so it was more like a
strawberry lemonade sponge cake.

Spencer: "I wish I could control water."
Me: "You know wishes don't come true if you say them out loud."
Spencer: "Oh, um, I didn't really wish for that... it will come true now, right?"

What an awesome birthday.

No comments: