Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Buffy in the Classroom

I love my job, especially on days like today. A lovely, fabulous, brilliant colleague came up with a great introduction activity for teaching The Crucible in the junior English classes. We are watching and analyzing Gingerbread, a Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode from season 3, which deals with hysteria, fear, illusions, and the idea of a "witch hunt". How exciting that my fabulous hobby is now being applied in the classroom to snare the attention of my little darlings (aka. students, deviants, miscreants). :) Happy day!

3 comments:

Leslie & Lucas said...

Man, that colleague sounds amazing! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it! I am pretty much happy with any reason to watch Buffy, I actually wish I could teach a class about Buffy & Pop Culture. Good times!

Shelli Bunn-Petterson said...

Oh boy, what do you think it would take to get Pete to sign off on a Buffy & Pop Culture class? I bet we would have loads of students sign up. :) Too much fun.

Rece said...

I'll get that in depth analysis of The Crucible for you as soon as I'm finished with my journalism classes...next spring. Oh man!