Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A reason to run.



I am excited to be training for an event with an organization that helps so many people. I had a dream last night that I was the parent taking my sick child into the hospital for tests because the treatment wasn't working. It was a horrible nightmare. The patients of cancer, regardless of the "variety", and their families need support from everyone. It doesn't matter if the support comes in the form of prayers, volunteered time, gifts, or money as long as there is some effort to help. Cancer is everyone's problem. My dear friend Anna just had to go through her mom's ordeal with breast cancer, one of Steen's coworkers is a survivor of Leukemia, these people have fought a fight that touches all of us and I am amazed at their courage and hope. I am running in the Nike Women's Fitness Marathon this October and have made a commitment to raise $4000 dollars. It makes me nervous to think of getting that much money, however, it is a worthy cause and I know that peoples' lives will be changed and/or saved by the generosity of others. I still have hope that we are one people and that we care enough to help eachother.

No comments: