Friday, June 12, 2009

Meditations of a Zen Morning

I went for a run this morning and it was a very peaceful experience. There was very little traffic, I went on a trail that was secluded with great nature views, and I felt amazingly exhausted when I was done. It amazes me the way we can change our perceptions and outlook on life just by changing our routine and taking care of our total health. I journal, I love tea & coffee, and I enjoy the feeling of a post run sore body. These are small things that, for me, help me to be my best. My dad always used to tell me to "stop and smell the roses." I finally understand the value of that advise. Small things are often the ones that have the biggest impact: smiling at strangers and wishing them a great day, sending or receiving a note from a friend, hugs, small acts of kindness, recycling, etc.. I hope that I am continually growing, becoming a person who has a positive impact on the world, even if only my small slice of it. :) Mornings like today help me keep moving in the right direction, help me believe I can.

No comments: