Thursday, January 6, 2011

Daycare

Ok, any working mom with a new baby knows that finding a good daycare can be a challenge. I started looking when I found out I was pregnant and after 5 months on a waiting list, we finally got a place at the daycare we wanted and filled out the paperwork, paid the deposit, and felt good... until I plugged in the numbers for our 2011 budget. Ouch. Mindy mentioned the daycare she will be using (when their little guy comes) doesn't require teachers to pay for the summer and is flexible on days. After numerous phone conversations and a few visits, I finally got the paperwork done for Jayden to go to that daycare instead. It will save us $3000 dollars over the first choice daycare and the services provided are still totally awesome. I wish I could stay at home with Jayden for at least the first few years but that isn't going to work out for us so instead I will enjoy the next month of having her with me and then, come February, deal with missing her as I go back to work. Sniffle. I think I'll also make myself some tea and watch a sad movie this afternoon so that I have an excuse for the crying that is bound to take place.


No comments: